The new list of the RSF Supervisory Board members includes prominent scientists, full members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, representatives of the state authorities, high-tech companies and rectors of the leading universities. The new Supervisory Board has 20 members
, including RSF Director General Alexander Khlunov
. The following members were newly added to the RSF Supervisory Board:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Shvabe Holding Ilya Klebanov
- Board member of the Russian Union of Enterprises and Organizations of the Chemical Complex Dmitri Konov
- Deputy General Director, Generium Dmitri Kudlai
- Director of the branch, EFKO Holding Evgeny Lyashenko
- First Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of Russia Vasily Osmakov
- Executive Director, NM-Tech Sergei Tsarapkin
All members of the RSF Supervisory Board approved by the President will remain in power for the period of five years.
The President also approved his aide Andrei Fursenko
as the Chairman of the RSF Supervisory Board.
The Supervisory Board is responsible for all major strategic decisions in research funding as well as for all major decisions regarding the organisation of the review. The Supervisory Board also decides which expert councils are to be formed and how they are to be structured.
These changes reflect the newly approved RSF mandate to focus on tech and partnerships as the Russian President signed amendments to the federal law on the Foundation, which expand its funding mandate to support experimental design and technological works focused primarily on microelectronics, medicine, agriculture and low-carbon energy.